Thursday, July 19, 2007

Saying Goodbye




















I knew this day would come. I knew it would be hard. But I never dreamed just how hard it would be to say goodbye to the precious kids of Chaoyang. The day started with painting, crafts and just plain fun. The nannies were gracious enough to let us have access to all of the kids and even give some of them a bath!

We ate lunch at the orphanage and they let us stay all day again. This afternoon we had a wonderful birthday party for all the kids. The room was decorated to the hilt and the smiles on the children's faces were priceless!

Amy and I left a piece of our hearts here. I bet you'll figure who stole it. :)

Enjoy the photos.

3 comments:

Aminah XiuPing said...

LUCY??? Where are you? Did you find her?

chris hughes said...

Wowsie! What a blessing for you all and the orphanage! Now you got me crying again, stop will ya!

Val said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. Looks like a lot of hearts got left in China! :o) Awesome to see the passion spread...Liz & Toni, hope you filled up your luggage space with only non-human souvenirs. I'll bet it's more than you can stand to not be bringing another child home.