Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 3

It's Tuesday night in China and we just returned from a wonderful day at the orphanage. The children were bussed along with us to a small amusement park. It was no Disneyland but the children acted like it was. It was soooo hot and sooo humid but we didn't really mind. The kids were in heaven.

We have not been going hungry. VO has us eating 3 HUGE meals a day. At lunch they bus us back to the city and take us to a big sit down restaurant. I think they want the children to rest. They are also worried about working us too hard. We have convinced them to let us stay all day tomorrow. They will only let us stay, if we let them make us lunch. We agreed. They are a self sufficient compound with vegetable gardens, chicken, cows, etc. Tomorrow they will make us potatoes!

We are going to a Chinese opera tonight. It's on the street with local talent performing. Word has it, they have karaoke!

Amy and I have fallen in love with a 5 yr old girl. I knew of her before we came. I was hoping she'd have a family by now. We will have a hard time leaving. Amy and I will both be in therapy next week I'm sure.

I can't say enough about this team. Each and everyone one of them has demonstrated unselfishness, humility, and a love that could only come from above.

I have not been able to access email the last 2 days. I feel so out of touch. You can leave a comment and we should be able to read it. It worked the first day but now Yahoo is blocked for some reason.

We love you all!

Enjoy the pics!!

No comments: